|Birth date||June 29th, 1977|
|Birth place||London, England|
|Role in series||supporting actor|
Zuleikha Robinson is an Emmy, SAG Award, Golden Globe and Academy Award-nominated British actress, born in London, raised in Thailand and Malaysia by a Burmese Indian mother and an English father.. Her name means "beautiful one" in Persian. She is a graduate of the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Los Angeles, and best known for playing Yves Adele Harlow in the X-Files spin-off, The Lone Gunmen.
Her first feature was a supporting role in Mike Figgis' unconventional film "Timecode." In 2006 she played a Bengali character called Moushumi Mazumdar in Mira Nair's acclaimed movie "The Namesake". Robinson also had a supporting role in the HBO series Rome. She was cast as Detective Eva Marquez on the television show New Amsterdam.
In her first lead film role, Robinson played a 19th-century Arabian princess named "Jazira" opposite Viggo Mortensen and Omar Sharif in the Western epic "Hidalgo." She starred as Al Pacino's daughter in Michael Radford's film version of Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice" alongside Jeremy Irons and Joseph Fiennes. Robinson also appeared in Fox Searchlight's "The Namesake" opposite Kal Penn.
Robinson's television credits include a series regular role as "Yves Adele Harlow" (an anagram for Lee Harvey Oswald) in the FOX drama "The Lone Gunmen." She appeared on HBO's "Rome" as "Gaia," a slave who comes to the Aventine to work in the tavern of Vorenus and causes trouble in her own right.
She will be joining the cast of the 5th season of the ABC Show Lost in 2009, as a recurring character named Ilana, who is described as "a dangerously smart and also simply dangerous European femme fatale".
Zuleikha Robinson currently resides in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- 2009 - Lost as Ilana
- 2008 - New Amsterdam as Det. Eva Marquez
- 2007 - Rome, as Gaia
- 2007 - The Namesake, as Moushumi Mazoomdar
- 2004 - Hidalgo, as Jazira
- 2004 - The Merchant of Venice, as Jessica, the Jewish money lender's daughter
- 2002 - The X-Files, as Yves Adele Harlow / Lois Runce
- 2002 - Slash, as Suzie
- 2001 - The Lone Gunmen, as Yves Adele Harlow
- 2000 - Timecode, as Lester Moore's Assistant
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sengupta, Reshmi (2005-05-30). "Living up to her namesake...", The Telegraph.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mitovich, Matt (September 4, 2008). "Lost Gives New Amsterdam Star New Role", TV Guide. Retrieved on December 22, 2008.
- Zuleikha Robinson at the Internet Movie Database
- Zuleikha Robinson Online
- Official New Amsterdam biography